This blog post is a continuation of principle #3 LETTING GO OF BAGGAGE. Do not forget to read Principle #1 and Principle #2.
THE BAGGAGE OF JEALOUSY, ENVY, COVETOUSNESS AND STRIFE!
Single Ladies, I thought I was going to hit on these principles and move on, but I have to deeply dive into these subjects so you can get free from the strongholds that is keeping you stuck and unhappy. Happiness and joy are your potion and you need them before you can attract a healthy whole relationship to you. God wants his daughters whole in every area of their life. Negativity keeps things from attracting to you. I am dealing with these emotions and helping you to clear the negative energy that is blocking and repelling wonderful and amazing relationships and friendships from coming into your life.
Before I go any farther, we all have been victims of one or all of these negative emotions that I am getting ready to expose. It is ok to admit to yourself that these emotions are trying to over take you. Do not be in denial of these emotions because then, they will overtake you if you do not deal with them.
A lot of pride comes with having these emotions, because when we were little girls, we were told it was wrong to display these emotions. When these emotions would surface in our heart, we felt weak, ashamed and we hid our emotions from ourselves and we hid our emotions from other people.
What we do not realize is that these emotions always reveal themselves in the way we conduct ourselves with others. They show up through our body language, words, lack of words, deeds and actions.
If you are in tuned with the Holy Spirit, He will reveal the heart of men all around you. Now don’t go looking for things because you will always find something, but if you are purposefully keeping your heart cleanse of falsity and evil intentions before the Lord, then things can be shown to you in the spirit realm.
I do not think you can have true confidence until you let go of baggage. Having baggage will always make you feel insecure. Because holding on to baggage is just masking itself in a scarcity mindset. A scarcity mindset is just living with fears. You think there is not enough for you or you are lacking something. In your own mind, you think there is someone that have, look and is doing better than you. You fear someone is going to take something from you.
Within your own self, you feel like you have to compete to stay on top, because you fear someone is going to out shine you or is rejecting you. You fear others decisions that they have made for themselves and for some reason you take it personally and began to reject them for the decision they have made for themselves. You guys it will take me like 5 blog post to expose this thing. So I am going to try and keep this post to 2,600 words at the most or I might have to add a second blog post to this because I want to uncover Satan tactics.
So you with hold, you with hold your support, forgiveness, love, time, attention, compliments your encouragement. You see things through a negative lens because having these emotions displayed in your heart are all negative. You are carrying real baggage, and it must be dealt with so you can feel confident and so you can feel secure about yourself and so you can know how to deal with these emotions when it raises its ugly head.
For the single ladies who need this, I want to apologize to you for the way you grew up and the lack of love and attention you didn’t get from your parents or those that were in your life who didn’t love your properly. I am sorry if you were always compared to other people. Comparison always bring on a competitive spirit, whether it is you doing the comparison in your own mind, or someone else comparing you to others, it is not good. I am sorry if a parent was not in your life or a relationship that you were in left you feeling rejected and abandon.
It is time for you to deal with these negative emotions, because they are keeping you in bondage and you are pushing people away from you, and at the same time you are repelling people away from you. These negative emotions are destroying the amazing freedom Christ Jesus died for you to have.
Theses emotions are destroying families, friendship and relationships, breaking up marriages, business and churches. They are destroying nations and countries.
The moment you compare yourself with someone it leads to discouragement, discontentment and jealousy. Jealousy is a twin to envy and cousins to gossip and strife and every evil work. What does the Bible have to say about this and how to overcome it.
There was a story in the Bible about a man named Saul who was the King of the Israelites he had a right hand man name David who killed Goliath. David respected and honored Saul just like he respected and honored God. When David, was a young boy, he defeated Goliath and won Saul’s daughter hand in marriage. Saul made David his right hand man. David grew up and became handsome and strong. David defeated many enemies for King Saul and the children of Isreal. But this is what the children of Isreal started saying and singing about David. Saul only killed thousands and David 10 thousands, and this is how Saul felt in his heart towards David.
1 Samuel 18:8,9 And Saul was very wroth, and the saying displeased him; and he said, They have ascribed unto David ten thousands, and to me they have ascribed but thousands: and what can he have more but the kingdom? 9 And Saul eyed David from that day and forward.
Anytime you stir up a competition amongst people, there will always be other people who feel like they do not measure up or see themselves as not valuable because they are not producing like someone else. Saul with in his self started to compare himself with David, while David was trying to do everything to win God’s approval, as well as Saul’s approval, Saul became suspicious of David from the moment people started to brag or talk about his achievements and when David started to achieve somethings that Saul did not achieve.
The jealousy and envy spirit is the spirit that all of us have to guard against. Saul became so envious of David that he started to gossip about David, find fault with him, Got with others to talk about him. Start telling lies about David. Start telling other people to watch him and spy on him and then his envy turned into strong hate and he wanted to kill David because he feared he would take his spot! Well yes, David destiny was to become King! And to do just as Saul had feared.
Instead of Saul becoming proud of David, encouraging him, supporting him and speaking well of him, he allowed the enemy to plant seeds of jealousy and envy in his heart towards him. David had done nothing wrong but supported Saul his whole Kingship. David had so much honor for Saul that he would not speak bad about the King even when he knew the King was trying to harm him. At first David was puzzled, because he knew he had followed protocol and had done everything right by the Kingship. David knew in his heart that he had done nothing wrong to King Saul or his Kingdom. This is where a lot of us miss it, so I am going to end this blog post by giving you the step to over come comparison, jealousy, envy and strife. But before I do I want to give you some breaking news.
There is greatness in all of us, God made everyone of us, it was genetics that gave you your features, eye color, hair color, hair texture, skin color, the family you were born into, but God was in control of all of that because He said, Jeremiah 1: 5 KJB Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
God also sent you to earth for a purpose, He gave you your gifts, skills and talents. They all came from God. I know some situation was not favorable for you when you were born but even in that God hands has always been upon you. Try and celebrate others today, It is God who cause all of us to be here on the plant together, we are all called to shine! We all deserve to have an amazing life.
“For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.
If you are going to be mad at someone, it should be God. He did the picking and choosing. Just know you too can have what someone else have, not in covetousness trying to take theirs, but believing that God can bless you with your own blessing. Exodus 20:17 ESV “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.”
You were purposefully created by God and so were others. Now the sad things is when we were babies some of our environments did not teach us just how beautiful and awesome we were and that we did not have to ever compare ourselves with each other because God created us different, unique and special. Here is a poem I want you to read by Marianne Williamson .
As long as you are on this earth there are going to be others that are more prettier than you, can do something better than you, have nicer things than you, have a better shape than you, smarter than you. But there is not anyone that can do you, Can’t no one out do you at being a beautiful expression of God. Celebrate who God created you to be, love yourself enough to think well of yourself and love other enough to think well of them as a child of God. So let us learn from David and Saul what to do and not do to overcome these negative emotions.
Saul’s is the one who ranked David in his kingship, when ever Saul gave David a mission he did it successfully, it was ok as long as Saul was getting all of the praise and glory, as soon as the women sang David praises, comparing David to Saul, that is when Saul started to become suspicious of David.
1. First, you have to purpose in your heart to guard your heart. You guard your heart by guarding your thoughts. Saul did not guard his heart, he allowed thoughts to come into his mind and he meditated on them. They produced covetousness, jealousy envy, bitterness, strife and hatred in his heart to the point he wanted to kill David.
2. Second, when God is exalting someone even if you feel those negative emotions surfacing, counteract those thoughts by praying nothing but good for that person. Bless the persons life every time the thoughts rises. Give that person a heartfelt worthy compliment from your heart. Even bless them financially if you can and if it requires it. The same God that created you, created them. If it is their time to shine, the best thing you can do is support them. You do not know what that person had to go through to get to where they are today. Do not be negative towards them. Especially if this person has done nothing to you. Support people the way you want to be supported. Truth be told people always put you somewhere you are not yet, it may appear that you arrived but you are still trying to overcome feelings of can I really do this or not and looking at your own self with an critical eye.
3. It is some people aim to make other people jealous of them which is evil as well, because the person that is operating out of that spirit have evil intentions and does not show the love of Christ, especially if you are a Christian. You can not control how a person is feeling about you but you do not need make that your aim by doing things to make them feel jealous. God said we are to pray for each other and bare one another burdens. By all means walk in peace with one another. You can deflate these emotions in a person that might be jealous of you by always showing the love of Christ to that person, never pay evil for evil and always counteracting with what is good and also pay that person a worthy compliment as well. Try talking to that person if you can, sometimes it gives the person a different view of you. I do understand it is not our job to get people to like us but as Christian it is our job to walk in love.
4. David kept his heart right even thou Saul heart was evil towards him. There will be times when you do not know why people are treating you like they are and you would be questioning, did I do something to them or offend them in any kind of way. There will be opportunities for you to talk about that person to others but do not say a word against them to anyone, you keep your heart right at all times. I know we like to be heard and not look at in a negative light and we want to tell our side of the story but hold your peace and let God fight your battle. David did not say one bad thing about Saul because he feared God and his anointed one. If you already talked about a person that you have been displaying these emotions towards or they have displayed them towards you repent now, wipe your slate clean. Get back in right standing with God. You always take the high road by smiling, and being kind and showing the love of God to that person. Pray for the person as well.
4. At one point Saul was trying to kill David but David escaped Saul. He sent David away to be on his own. David prospered in everything he had done. Saul was afraid of David because God was with David and had departed from Saul. No matter how much Saul wanted to kill him, he could not and no matter how bad Saul wanted to entrap him, He could not. Please get your heart right with people and with God. You do not want to be like Saul who envied David until the day he died. God will prosper the person you are making your enemy in your mind and you will be shut out of the promises of God.
Would love to hear from you, leave a comment letting me know your thoughts about this blog post. Don’t forget to subscribe to Breakthrough Blog 4 Women to receive the other 4 principles to 6 Principles Single Ladies need to a have in place to attract Boaz. Follow me on my Social Media platforms FaceBook ,Twitter and Instagram.
2 thoughts on “6 Principles Single Ladies Need To Have In Place To Attract Boaz/ Cont. Principle #3”