Today I feel led to share with you a chapter out of a book that I’ve written called, “25 Attitude You Must Have for a Breakthrough” and since I am on a 30 days journey to getting my life in order, I thought it would be perfect to share my process with you and this chapter breaks it down perfectly.
Simple and luxurious living is surrounding yourself with only those things that you love and are beautiful to your eyesight. It is also about getting rid of anything that is taking up space in your life with no real purpose. Simple and luxurious living also entails that you only put the things in your environment that you absolutely need and actually use. This eliminates waste in your life and help you to live free of unnecessary clutter.
We hold on to things far too long, even if it is not serving any real purpose in our lives. I want to inspire you to detox your mind, your environment, your relationships, your finances, and your body so you can feel the freedom that comes with releasing dead weight and having an organized stress-free life.
In my own life, I am constantly purging things that no longer benefit me, my family and our environment.
Things like wrong mindset, schedules that do not work for my family, clothes, accessories, wrong eating habits, relationships that are no longer beneficial to my values. Things that are broken that I will never have fixed, things that I am no longer using, places I use to frequent, but in my spirit, feels like the season is up for that. It’s all about simplifying to make your life easier, beautiful, and free!Sometimes having a cluttered environment stunts our growth, cloud our mind and vision. I am learning this. I am also a mother of five, wife, author, blogger and coach. I realize I need to be organized and everything should have a place. I also came to the conclusion that if we are having things in our environment that we don’t love or use, it is robbing us of more space, and to me, holding on to things that no longer serve you purpose, is an indicator you might be holding on to mental and emotional clutter.
Having a cluttered environment and living with too much stuff can cause you to lose quality time with your family and working on things that will enhance your purpose/dream. Because you are too consumed with the upkeep of it all.
Another thing, your best clarity comes in a neat organized environment. I have experienced this in my own life, when I let go of old baggage and decluttered watch out something significant is going to show up in my life.
You can’t go into the next season with things, people, and wrongs mindsets. That will hold you back! That is extra baggage; it will sink your ship. In this next season, you have to sail through!Now, simplifying doesn’t mean things do not have to be beautiful. I encourage beautiful and luxurious. As long as it has a place and value in your life, allow it to be part of your life. We are talking about your own style, do it your way! Put things in your environments that is beautiful and luxurious to you.
Luxurious, doesn’t have to mean the same thing to everyone. I might love vintage and industrial, another person might love modern and retro. Put your own twist on your own style; just make sure you love it! When you have a clean, neat, organized, and positive environment, seeing it alone put you in a peaceful, prosperous, happy, stress-free state of mind.
That is the kind of mind that helps bring clarity in your situations and make your dreams become a reality.
10 Ways To Create A Simple and Luxurious Life:
1. All broken items must be removed immediately or fixed right away.
2. You must absolutely love the items in your environment. Not like, but LOVE!
3. If you no longer have use for an item, or if you have too many of the same items, bless someone else with the item who could use it, or donate it.4. Put like items, with like items, and assign everything a home. For example, put all scissors together in a container, get a container box for all of your pencils, mount a key holder on the wall and place all of your keys on the key holder.
5. Remove all items that are torn, ripped, faded, waggly, too small, and missing buttons out of your environment. If you really love the item, get it repaired immediately.
6. This is just a suggestion, not a rule. When you put items that match, like all matching dishes, towels and silverware, it makes your space look refined and stream-lined and gives a luxurious feel. I am still working on this one myself.
7. If there are any relationships that you are in that are influencing you in a wrong way, that are draining you, negative, one sided; where you are the giver and they are the takers, non-committal, intimidating, manipulative, non-supportive, abusive, toxic, controlling, and codependent. You need to set boundaries in that relationship, redefine your relationships, or cut the soul tides in that relationship all together.Some people are afraid to be alone, so they tolerate behavior from people that do not mean them any good. When you trust God, and let go of toxic relationships, he bring new and wonderful people into your life that will add to your life and not take away. Your heart is your lifeline, the Bible says out of it flows the issue of life. What issues have you been letting fill your heart. You don’t want to be so loved starved that you just leave heart dangling for anyone to have it. Take your heart back from those who don’t deserve it! And give it to the one who can take care of it best, God. Start loving yourself enough to disconnect from people, things, and decisions that is stopping you from having God’s best for your life.
8. I like to weigh anything against the word of God. God’s word is always true and any wrong mindset that you have concerning an issue, must be destroyed in you. You must let go of that stinking thinking that wants to keep you bound. For example, having unforgiveness in your heart towards another person. God’s word says we should forgive others, if we want God to forgive us. Then we have to forgive the person we are holding unforgiveness against.
You have to detox your mindset from negative and wrong thinking. Sometimes, we could have grown up with truths that are not the truth. Once you find out the truth, you have to let the old truth go, and get rid of it. Because it can hinder you from receiving major breakthroughs in your life.
I have an exercise for you to do. I want you to think about some truths you grew up with and some negative things you believe about yourself, about life and other people. I want you to write them down on paper. I would love for you to weigh it against the word of God (which is the Bible). You can go on the internet and type in the subject in question. Type in the search engine; “what does the Bible teaches about, for example; forgiveness.” Write out your new truth and decide to let it be the ruling truth in your life.9. We must base our self-esteem on the word of God and not in our material possessions. If you have debt that you owe, the Bible says that we are slaves to our lenders, luxurious simplicity requires you to pay those that you owe, so you can live a luxurious lifestyle. And I am only speaking to the ladies with who are living with real debt. We have no business buying anything that is not a need, until we get out of debt. I suggest you put a stop to unnecessary spending until you have paid off those who have control over you. I recommend you take it a step further, save for a rainy day, and think about your future. Learn about investing some of your money.
Put yourself in the budget, pay yourself some me money. So you will not feel like you are only working to pay bills. Part of you paring down your items is so that you govern and take care of what is in your environment, so you can live with quality and not quantity and having to keep buying the same things over and over again. You can even make extra cash off your stuff, if it is worth something. Set up an Ebay account and start selling your treasures on Ebay. They have a global customer base, and you will be surprise who wants to buy your stuff.
Another place to sell your items to make extra cash is Craigslist. Craigslist is design to sell in your local community and state that you live in. People are buying and selling on craigslist all day long, and it is free to sell and buy things. I would suggest you read the safety policies before meeting with someone on Craigslist.
Never go anywhere alone to exchange items for cash. Always take someone with you.
We spend too much money into our self-worth and not into things that really matters, like our future. I know that you do not want to still be working for someone else at the age of 65. You do not have to retire, but if you are going to be working, let it be for yourself and because you love helping others with a service you provide. Now, when you have taken care of your foundation and built your financial house, splurge!10. Part of living a luxurious simplicity life is taking care of your temple, your body, so you can live to enjoy all of the blessing that will unfold in your life when you on purpose decide you want to change!
Toxic, harmful things in your body and your environment like strong harsh chemicals foul foolish talk, cursing, gossip, negative self-talk, drugs, alcohol, nicotine, too much sugar, salt, soda and caffeine. I want to inspire you to change the way you look at your life. You only have one life; you must love yourself enough to take care of you. You are the only one who can decide what is good for you.
I suggest you start taking walks, about 15 minutes to one hour walks a day. It has major health benefits like relieving stress, building muscle tone, stretching your muscle and joints and keep them from getting stiff. Walking also helps you to keep your weight down and releases endorphins in your body to give you a feel good feeling. A big benefit in walking is that it keeps depression at bay, if you are a person that struggle with depression.
Drink lots of water and eat nutritious food. Monitor what you allow to enter into your environment and your mind, like negative words and gossiping. Declare your body and environment a gossip free zone. Get in the habit of looking at yourself in the mirror and speaking right and excellent words to yourself and over yourself. Bless others presence by speaking nothing but encouraging and positive words to them.
Practicing fasting because it has great health benefits and can heal the body and deliver you from strange and strong addictions. Jesus made it a habit to fast while living on earth. Fasting also bring clarity and answers when you need help with a situation in your life. Holding on to unnecessary clutter in the mind as well as in your environment just take up wasted space and time.
You could be spending time on things that really matters like building your dream or formulating a plan for your purpose. Decluttering help, you get organized and letting go of mental clutter helps you to focus!
The Bible talks about the correct way to fast. It is found in Isaiah 58.
I personally was delivered from a spirit of miscarriage while on a 40 day fast. On that fast, I gave up eating meats and changed the way I was speaking over myself. I began to confess healing scriptures over my body. You can read about my whole testimony in a book I wrote Dare to Dream Big!. You can purchase the book on amazon.com or on my website at http://www.noboundariesbtc.com.
I know it’s a lot but it is so worth the time and effort to live your life on purpose and enjoy a life full of breakthrough peace, luxury, and abundance.
I would love to hear from you so leave a comment, like and subscribe to my blog, Breakthrough Blog for Women. Follow me on my social media links down below and click the link to follow me on Instagram