Today I want to share with you 13 principles I use to manifest my goals and dreams on my vision board.
If you have never heard of a vision board or if you have never created a vision board, click this link to read a blog post I wrote to my single sisters about how to create a vision board.
Please scroll down to the picture showing the vision board and start reading from there, because anything before that is talking to single ladies.
What is a vision board? A vision board is simply a tool used to see your goals, dreams and visions that you’ve written down on paper, translated into visual form by using real images or pictures.
For example; you wrote in your journal that you one day want to visit the Fiji Islands. You saw a picture in the magazine of the Fiji Islands, you can cut that picture out of the magazine and paste it to your vision board. Now, you can look at that dream and visualize yourself on the Fiji Island.The vision board itself has no power to make anything happen. It can not answer any prayers, and your faith should not be in the vision board itself. It is just a tool used to see your visions and dreams before your eyes by using real pictures. Got it?
Your faith should always be engaged in trusting the Heavenly Father and his word that these things are coming to pass.
It is not unscriptural that you are writing down the visions and dreams that you believe God is showing you for your life.
In fact, the scriptures teaches us to write the vision down and make it plain or clear!
Habakkuk 2:2-3 KJV
And the Lord answered me, and said write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it!
For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.God said that he will give us the desires of our hearts if we delight ourselves in him. If you really want to know what it means to truly delight yourself in the Lord click here.
Psalm 37: 4
Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
God also said, when the people do not have a vision for their life, they perish. You need to dream and you need to have goals. It keeps your life in forward movement and unstuck.
I don’t know if you know it or not, but you were created to do good things and you were also created for good works. I will share with you what the scriptures says about this.
Proverbs 29:18 KJV
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepth the law, happy is he.
Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them,God wants you to believe him for the impossible. He said, if you can believe Him for the impossible, you can have it!
Matthew 19:26 NIV
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
Now that we’ve established that it’s not unbiblical to create a vision board and that our faith must be engaged in the Heavenly Father at all times, lets find out how to get the best use out of our vision board.
13 Principles I Use To Manifest My Goals And Dreams On My Vision Board!
1. After you have created your vision board, place it in an area where you can look at it at least twice a day.
I love looking at my vision board when I wake up in the morning and right before I go to bed. I have my vision board displayed in open view in my bedroom so when ever I walk pass it, I can see it.
2. Believe: Really believe this can one day happen for you. Believe that you are worthy to receive anything good in your life.
Jeremiah 29:11 KJV
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
3. Take at least 15 minutes daily to concentrate on your vision board. Take inventory of what you are asking to come into your life, by doing so, you are ingraining the images into your subconscious mind because what you pay attention to in your life is what you are attracting to you.
For example, you want to cut out eating sweets from your diet, but you are watching TV shows about baking desserts and yummy treats. On your job, people are constantly bringing doughnuts, cakes and snacks, and you are around this all day.
What do you think is going to happen eventually? You are going to give in to the temptation because those images are ingrained in your mind from you paying attention to them all day long.
4. Visualize yourself with your goals and dreams. Imagine what it would feel like to obtain your goals and dreams. Pretend that you are actually living your new life when you look at your vision board.
Do not just look at your board but actually feel all those wonderful feelings as you are pretending as if you’ve already obtained the goals and dreams on your vision board. What you are doing at this moment is engaging your faith.
Remember when you were a kid and you engaged in pretend play? You were so happy and so engaged in the process of play, that you got so wrapped up in it and forgot it was just play.
You would even get into an arguement with your friends, sisters and brothers about, “it’s my red car” and neither one of you owned a car but in that moment it became real for you.
Take that same childhood naivety into your pretend play while visualizing yourself with your new life.
Romans 15:13 KJV
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
5. Say the scriptures and confessions on your vision board out loud, so it sinks down into your subconscious mind and heart.6. Choose to share your vision board with people you really trust and with your purpose partners (someone who is just as invested in seeing your visions, goals and dreams come to pass)
If you do not have anyone in your life that you can share your vision board with, then keep it between you and the Heavenly Father.
7. The benefit of sharing your vision board with someone you trust and who believes in you, is to have a partner to play your childhood game with (Pretend Play).
The both of you get together and start pretending that you are driving in your Lexus 570 and you are traveling to Maui tomorrow and you gotta hurry up so that you won’t miss your flight. It’s lots of fun to do. I play this game with my husband a lot!
8. Stay away from doubting Thomas and negative Nancy. These are people who causes you to doubt, abort or cancel your dreams and goals altogether.
The moment you realize that a person is negative in an area where you are trusting God to manifest for you, shut it down and stop talking to that person about that subject! Stop sharing with them immediately.9. Never come into agreement with anyone who is speaking opposite of what you believe God to manifest in your life. You should speak back to anyone who is being negative about your dream.
Single ladies, if you want to be married, when you hear someone say there are a shortage of men, you say, in a kind manner (you do not have to be rude), girl men are plentiful and besides, I only need the one that God hand picked just for me.
10. Always pray to the Heavenly Father and ask for guidance as you navigate to your new life.
Ask Him to give you His best in every situation and detach from the outcome.
Don’t try and figure out how it is going to happen. Your job is to believe and trust God.11. Read books and look at testimonies online of others who have obtain their dreams in the areas you want to obtain yours. This will keep your faith engaged in your goals and dreams.
12. When the spirit of truth prompt your heart to do something towards your dreams and goals, take fast actions.
13. Lastly, you never talk against the things you believe to happen for you on your vision board by doubting because it will take longer to come or not come to pass at all.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord
These are my 13 principles I use to manifest my goals and dreams on my vision board. Now go and create you a masterpiece Vision Board.
Would love to connect with you and hear from you. Leave a comment and subscribe to Breakthrough Blog 4 Women. Follow me on social media by clicking my links down below. To follow me on Instagram click here.