So much has happened since I wrote my last blog post. The world is changing. Things are a little chaotic in the world. Some people are in a state of panic. I don’t think none of us saw this coming. Our routines, schedules and the way we’ve been doing business have drastically changed. Moms and Dads are now having to homeschool their children. I know how challenging this can be because I am a homeschool mom. Click this link to learn how I am able to homeschool 4 kids.
How do we stay calm in the midst of chaos and uncertainty?
I will tell you how. Although we didn’t see this coming, God did, the Bible has been preparing us for times like this.
He gives us clear instructions in our Bible on how we as believers are to poster ourselves. In fact, God tells us to be not troubled.
What does Pes·ti·lence means? A fatal epidemic disease.
What does troubled means? Beset by problems or conflict. Trouble means: to cause distress or anxiety to.
God told us don’t be troubled by what is going on in the world and in your day to day situations. He wants you to trust him in the midst of the chaos.
God says; “How by worrying can you change anything.”;
Matthew 6:27 And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?
There it is, God has spoken.
I am going to give you 6 things you can do to stay calm in the midst of chaos.
1. Unplug. Unplug from everything that is causing you to feel stress, anxiety and discomfort. Sometimes you just have to disconnect from anything that is not making you feel at peace, at ease and calm. Like watching the same thing over and over again on the news. Negative news is what I call it. I know some people feel like they have to be informed but to much of negative news will have you feeling depressed, worried and anxious. It will put you in a state of panic.
The same thing goes for being on social media, talking on the phone, and staying in environments that is sending negative chatter. When you stay in those kinds of atmosphere it changes your perspective and tries to choke out your truth. You can’t think or hear clearly. God might be trying to speak to your spirit pertaining to your situation but all of the negative chatter is drowning it out.
2. Get Quiet and get centered. Turn off the voices in your head, the TV, the phone, the computer and conversations your having with other people as you are going about your day.
Go within and take deep breaths. You need to clear out the negative energy that is causing you to feel hopeless. I like to play worship music at a calming volume. Here is a playlist that will get you back centered on the truth of who you are and whose you are.
3. Pray about everything. At the end of worship, I repent about any negative words I’ve thought or spoken against myself or another person. I ask God for forgiveness for not fully trusting him. I cancel any words that was not the truth of what God’s word says about me and my situation. Then, I pray about everything that is on my heart. I ask God for wisdom and guidance. I invite the Holy Spirit into my thoughts and ask that answers be reaveled to me. Last, I ask the Holy Spirit to lead and guide me into all truth.
4. Listen. I grab my journal and pen and listen quietly for revelations from The Holy Spirit. If I hear anything in my spirit, I write it down. If I don’t hear anything in my spirit, I start writing down what I am grateful for. Being grateful for what you have and how God is providing for you always changes a negative outlook into a positive outlook. Acknowledging what’s good in your life brings all kinds of good feeling inside your heart. It even makes you feel calm and peaceful.
5. Read. Read anything that will encourage your heart, mind and spirit. I like to read the Bible and Christian inspirational books. This is what I know to be true, words have power and carry enery. You have to fill yourself up on words that speak life and truth to combat any lies and discouragement that the enemy tries to implant in your mind. It’s like giving your spirit and soul a double dose of medicine.
I also like to read books that will solve a problem or give me insight into my situation. When we can get a different perspective on the things we are going through, it help us to feel that we are not alone and things are not as bad as we saw it before. It gives us hope that we can overcome this season in our life.
6. Get a new plan in place that will help you to stay calm when things are not going according to your plan and schedule. You even need a plan for how you are going to respond when there is something in your life that is trying to rob you of your peace and joy.
Being focus, and having a clear vision for your life can help you to take a step back and assess the situation without letting the chaos get inside of you. Waking up with some kind of routine and planning out your day can help you navigate through negative chatter. Everything might not be perfect but if you plan on how you’re going to respond to it, it will help you stay more in control of your feelings.
Include self-talk in your daily routine. Like, I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength to do it. The joy of the Lord is my strength. I got this!
Here are more scriptures that will remind you to stay calm in the midst of chaos.
That wraps up 6 things you can do to stay calm in the midst of chaos.
Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you. Until next time, Stay Beautiful!